Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm back.....

     So sorry for my absence the past few months. I have been very ill the past several months. I am hoping the rest of 2012 is much better than the first few months for me. I am really late getting into my quilting projects I wanted to accomplish for this year although while I was under the weather I have been working on a Christmas quilt I have been hand quilting for the past year. It will be given to my daughter, Christi and I am really hoping to have it completed before the holidays this year. I will try and post a photo of it later today.
    One chilly night, Christi stayed over night with us and was sleeping on the couch and woke up feeling chilly. She told me she was tempted to get her quilt that was laying on my sewing table and snuggleing up in it although it wasn't finished....but she saw all the safety pins holding the batting, backing and quilt top together and thought perhaps it was not such a good idea...lol.
    Since I have it all quilted except the last outer border so it won't be long now. I figure by the end of summer to have it finished. This last border is very wide and has a snowy Christmas scene of horses, ponies, kitties and other farm animals. I am hand quilting around all the animals and scenery so it is very time consuming but will be very nice, I think. Stop back later and see some pics of this quilt.....

3 comments:

  1. I wondered where you've been, Corry. Oh how we make these outstanding plans for quilty accomplishment, early in the year and then ....... that darn life happens. Comes around to toss a wrench in our plans, every time! I hope you are on a road to wellness and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you and hope you feel better soon. Look forward to photos of your current project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corry - sorry you've had health issues this year. That's a real bummer. The quilt you're working on sounds fantastic. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete